Some of the most well-known CEOs in business today are from India. Vikram Pandit and Indra Nooyi are just a couple that probably ring a bell. What makes Indian CEOs so prime to take center stage?
First Post Business cites five qualities that Indian CEOs have that set them apart from the pack:
Indian CEOs are:
- Comfortable with diversity and difference – there is more cultural diversity in India which gives Indian CEOs a higher emotional understanding of cultural differences and ability to lead across them
- Hardened in the harsh crucible of the Indian environment – Indian regulations are so strict that they make other business regulations seem easy
- Able to make do with less - companies are often frugal, and when run by families are especially so
- More focused on returns and execution – managers focus heavily on return on equity
- Able to have a global view of business – managers work toward execution across all parts of the business