Job Sector: Private Equity Manufacturing
Where: Chicago, Illinois
Job Description: We are seeking a proven business-builder Chief Executive Officer with deep roots in the manufactured products space with a successful track record of building strong internal teams in research, product development, sales & marketing, administration, supply chain and operations. This record will include success in bringing new and innovative products to market, forging deep relationships with customers, suppliers and business partners, and executing on creative growth strategies through new product introduction, new customer development and pinpointed acquisition initiatives.
Job Requirements: Your background will include extensive, multi-location manufacturing leadership coming up the ranks in your career in operations, finance or sales, and successfully leading middle market or mid-cap enterprises through significant business building initiatives. We are flexible on background and will consider prospective candidates from diverse manufacturing experiences from industrial products, to electronics, technology, telecommunications, automotive, aerospace to food & beverage. Ideally you will have spent some time in your career in a large, multi-national corporation and have complemented that with experience working in a mid-sized enterprise of $40M EBITDA or greater under public ownership or a financial sponsor. In addition you will have some portion of your career working with a European contingent, either as equity sponsors or as business partners.
Please include the position code 77764 in the Subject Line of your response
Job sector: Wine distribution
Geographic Location: Denver, Colorado
Job Description: The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for and oversee all Curious Cork’s Wine sales and Marketing operations, and in such capacity perform such managerial, supervisory, development or executive duties in connection with such operations that are consistent with the title of CEO. Each Sales & marketing operation will report to the CEO. The CEO will also be expected to consult and be a resource for the acquisition or development of other wine-related operations or projects (which potentially includes plans to expand internationally) within Curious Cork. The successful candidate will be responsible for the profit and loss of Curious Cork and each wine sourcing division, all levels of sales & marketing operations, proper financial reporting and controls and strategic planning. Importantly, the CEO will work closely with the management of Curious Cork, and will be responsible for providing Curious Cork’s Partners and senior management with relevant, accurate analysis of Curious Cork financial and operational performance. This is a highly visible position, and will require significant interaction with members of Curious Cork’s senior management teams in Denver.
• Ensuring profitable and efficient operations at Curious Cork and each wine sourcing and sales division. • Structuring, recruiting, developing and retaining excellent senior management and staff at Curious Cork and each wine-making and viticulture divisions. • Developing and implementing short and long-term strategy for Curious Cork operations and each wine-making division. • Maintaining and enhancing standards of excellence in wine-making and viticulture and with existing and new Curious Cork brands.
• Providing strategic, operational and financial leadership to Curious Cork and each wine sourcing division for sustained profitability and future growth.
• Directing and overseeing the preparation of operating budgets and management reports.
• Developing performance measurements and making appropriate recommendations to Curious Cork and it’s partners
• Developing and implementing plans to optimize Curious Cork capital structure and the operational and financial strategies to support growth and development.
• Providing operational and financial leadership in joint ventures, partnerships, acquisition opportunities, outsourcing agreements or other significant contractual arrangements within Curious Cork.
• Ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualifications The CEO will be a proven and operationally-focused executive, preferably with experience in a beverage or food manufacturing company with 5-10 years experience. Prospective candidates without wine industry experience must have a demonstrated interest in the wine industry coupled with an appreciation for the dynamics of the industry and an understanding of luxury brands. Additionally, prospective candidates must have:
• A track record of successfully developing and implementing strategic, operational and financial planning and analysis to a broad range of operational issues in a strategic and proactive manner.
• Experience and success in managing the profit and loss of a larger organization operating in a lean business environment, including hands-on management of manufacturing, sales and marketing and finance. • Participation in sophisticated transactions, such as acquisitions, divestitures, primary and secondary financing ventures, etc.
• Excellent understanding of operational strategy and financial reporting systems. The CEO must be a motivated, action-oriented team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment. He/She must be able to lead, energize and influence a wide spectrum of individuals, including financial, wine sourcing, sales and marketing and operational staff. Additionally, the President must be able to clearly and succinctly communicate with Curious Cork the operational, financial, operational and strategic results and goals of Curious Cork and its wine-sourcing Partners.
• Trustworthy and respectful of the opinions of others, with a high level of personal and professional integrity and intellectual honesty.
• Self-confident, resilient and intelligent. He/She will be an honest, non-political business person with strong leadership traits. The finalist will have a demonstrated ability to address performance issues clearly, decisively and constructively Demonstrated ability to get things done, with an emphasis on workload/project Management, as well as time management. A team player attitude with the ability to work with and through others in the organization.
• Multi-task-oriented, with the ability to understand and manage complex issues. Intellectual flexibility to drive results in a roll-up-your sleeves, do-it-yourself environment. An undergraduate degree is required, and an MBA and/or other advanced degree is preferred.
Job sector: Banking
Geographic Location: Iowa
The successful candidate will have an outstanding and proven record as a CEO or member of senior management along with a robust business and financial services background. Will collaborate with the board of directors to define the strategic direction of the credit union to ensure long-term financial integrity of the organization, provide innovative and second-to-none service to members, and ensure a strong community presence in all locations. Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of progressive management experience in a financial institution setting, with at least 3 years in a senior management role required. Credit Union career experience and Master’s degree preferred.
Excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package.
Send resume, cover letter & salary history to:
Greg Hanshaw, Director of Human Resources