CEO Positions of the Week – 02/24/14
Recent postings of jobs for chief executives from around the country.
February 23 2014 by Ray Palmer
Chief Executive –CEO | Intelecom | Online Learning | Pasadena, CA
Intelligent Telecommunications (Intelecom) is a premier provider of digital learning resources and curriculum-based courseware for higher education. By combining the best in educational content, technology and instructional design, Intelecom offers educators and administrator the tools they need to improve learning outcomes and achieve growth. For forty years, Intelecom has developed, marketed and distributed college level, curriculum-aligned video learning materials. The current flagship product, the Intelecom Online Resources Network® is an academic “You Tube” collection of streaming video clips used primarily to supplement and enhance classroom learning. The product has received high marks from peer organizations and enjoys a stable, satisfied customer base.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will expand Intelecom’s services to include unaddressed instructional areas of higher education such as fee-based/not-for-credit, non-credit/adult education programs, and contract education. The CEO will also lead the effort to secure additional support through grants for projects that are not expected to generate enough revenue to recover development costs. The direction of the company is to work with members of the consortium and other California community colleges through participation in professional organizations such as the Association of Continuing and Community Education (ACCE) and other relevant organizations to produce courses, textbooks, and other educational materials to support students’ career, remedial or life-long learning objectives.
The Chief Executive Officer will:
• Lead Intelecom to the forefront of technology-mediated higher education;
• Articulate a vision for the future in collaboration with the Board of Directors and management team;
• Develop and execute a strategic plan to support the revised focus on new production and development efforts; and
• Oversee company operations and ensure Intelecom’s financial stability and operational efficiency and continued growth.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Intelecom Board of Directors.
Supervisor Relationships: Department Heads and Senior Director, Higher Education Services report to the Chief Executive Officer (four direct reports).
Leadership and Management
• Serves as the primary liaison with the board, board committees, member colleges and ad hoc course or product development teams.
• Provides leadership, vision and overall direction.
• Leads strategic and operational planning efforts.
• Provides oversight to financial, administration and treasury activities and ensures an adequate control environment over the organization’s resources.
• Represents the organization in civic, professional, and academic organizations in support of Intelecom’s growth objectives.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Proven fundraiser.
• Thorough understanding of California community colleges.
• Leadership experience and skills.
• High-level oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to travel (occasional overnight travel) and to work a flexible schedule.
• Assures that product development activities are likely to provide adequate support for the company over a five to ten year planning horizon.
• Secures adequate resources to support product development activities.
• Maintains a strategic awareness of competitors and differentiates Intelecom in the marketplace.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of instructional technology trends and pursues innovative approaches to product development.
Funding and Financial Support
• Identifies and secures grants from public and private sources to support production and development priorities.
• Maintains a high-level awareness of non-profit accounting and regulatory requirements.
Partnerships and Collaboration
• Initiates and manages partnerships and collaborations with member colleges and other community colleges and other organizations in pursuit of Intelecom goals and objectives.
• Develops visionary directions in emerging educational technology and distribution in collaboration with educational, governmental and commercial partners.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or Doctorate preferred, with major course work in Business, Management and, if possible, Educational Technology.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of managerial and leadership experience, with an emphasis on community college leadership. Experience working for non-profit or other public-sector organization not essential but preferred.
Salary & Benefits
Intelecom offers competitive salary and benefits, including employer-paid medical, post-employment medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Intelecom and employees contribute to a defined benefit pension through CalPERS. Salary range is $130,000 to $145,000.
Chief Executive – CEO |International Transportation | Atlanta, GA
A start-up transportation company is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to be part of our management team in an advisory role. This is a management-level role requiring a time commitment of 3 – 5 hours a week working remotely. Initial compensation will be in the form of company equity shares with the potential of joining the company on a full time basis after the vesting period.
Collaborates with the board to define the organization’s vision and develop strategies for achieving that vision.
Lead and oversee the implementation and execution of the company’s long and short term plans in accordance with its strategy.
Monitor strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization
Oversees the operations of the organization and manages its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Oversees staff in developing annual budgets that support operating plans
Oversee general marketing strategy and tactics to include content, production and distribution of all marketing and advertising materials
Act as a liaison between management and the Board
Assess the principal risks of the Company to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed
Develop financial projections based on company strategy and goals
Develop pricing strategy and revenue model
Monitor and evaluate company financial performance
Develop corporate core values in conjunction with the Board
Attend management meetings with C-level executives as required
Assume role as a company Public Relations representative
Must have experience as a corporate executive with multi-million dollar P&L and/or budget responsibilities
Proven track record of improving net earnings and revenues
Must have broad experience with the full range of business functions including finance, marketing and accounting
Business acumen and multidisciplinary entrepreneurial skills
Strategic management skills
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Prior transportation/courier industry experience a plus
Prior experience in a start-up managerial role a plus
BA or BS required; MBA a plus
Chief Executive–CEO | Consumer lending | Louisiana
Objective of Role: The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all activities including the management, operation and development of short-term consumer lending. This role is responsible for developing and executing a strategic plan to optimize and grow consumer lending while ensuring compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and other regulations and statutes.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, detail-oriented, and naturally curious with a solid understanding of consumer loans. This individual should also be a strategic thinker with experience leading people.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and execute strategic plan to advance short-term consumer lending and to promote revenue, profitability, and efficiency as an organization.
Provide leadership and guidance to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
Build and maintain a team to optimize operations and to insure compliance with all federal and state laws.
Develop strategic and tactical plans to respond to changing environments.
Understand and communicate/articulate product performance and metrics:
Define and approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
Report operational results to constituents.
Direct company planning and policy-making committees.
Oversee/Monitor the handling and resolution of consumer complaints.
Assist in responding to examination, compliance and informational requests by regulatory authorities.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree required; an advanced degree preferred
Minimum 15 years of experience in financial services/lending
Required Skills, Abilities, Soft Skill Factors
Strong presentation skills including the ability to articulate and support points of view across a broad spectrum of business issues.
Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
Consistently demonstrated qualities of diplomacy, problem solving and decisiveness.
Excellent leadership, project management and mentoring skills.
Ability to accomplish goals through influence management and motivation.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.