Chief Executive Officer-CEO | enterprise software |Austin, TX
Absolute Software Corporation (TSE:ABT) is a provider of endpoint firmware-persistent security and management solutions for computing devices such as computers, tablets and smartphones. The Company was founded in 1993 with the vision that businesses should be able to track, manage and secure their mobile computing devices, regardless of their physical locations. Their solutions include data protection, lifecycle management, enterprise mobility management and IT service management. These solutions are used to manage and secure more than six million computers and mobile devices worldwide. Their customers range from individuals to the largest public and private sector organizations, spanning all industries including healthcare, corporate, government and education.
The CEO of Absolute Software will have a broad set of responsibilities including the following:
- Day-to-day leadership and P&L management over the entire business, ensuring the continued development, growth and execution of Absolute Software’s vision, value proposition, business plan and culture.
- Overall financial, sales and operational performance of the Company and maximization of shareholder value. He/She will play a lead role in driving long term planning and acquisition strategies.
- Define a focused business development and go-to-market strategy to penetrate key markets and adjacencies.
- Act as the primary interface with key customers, investors, and partners in collaboration with other key members of the management team.
- Evaluate potential business, joint ventures, acquisitions, affiliations and licensing agreements as vehicles for potential growth.
- Provide leadership drive, momentum and inspiration to the business and its employees.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the Board of Directors regarding strategy, budgeting, top-line and bottom-line performance.
- Provide strategic leadership that will determine specific market strategies in the regions and an integrated strategy across the combined business.
The Chief Executive Officer will be a respected technology executive with tremendous drive, intelligence and capability. He/She will bring an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly motivated and have the ability and desire to have real impact on the Company. Specifically, the successful candidate should have the following experience:
Proven track record of successfully building an organization that achieved substantial growth in revenue and profit. P&L experience as a GM, COO, President, or CEO in security and/or mobile products, successfully exceeding the top line and managing expenses to plan. Previous international experience would be advantageous.
Strong analytical and strategic capabilities demonstrated through proven results bringing security products successfully to market—a market-savvy leader highly regarded in his/her industry for launching market leading solutions in security.
Recent and direct experience with Sales (Channel and Direct), Marketing (Product and Channel) and Business Development within the security market, across SMB, mid-market and enterprise companies. A strong personal network in these market segments would be advantageous.
Successful management through growth initiatives. Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done.
Visionary leader; knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; can lead the company forward in market and product definition; learns new methods and technologies easily.
Combine vision with execution; possess strong management, budgetary and operations skills with an overall results orientation. Should be financially astute, and have a strong sales, marketing, product and new business orientation to drive revenues at an emerging growth company.
Ability to communicate effectively the key messages and issues to the operating team as well as to the Board to deliver actionable results.
Motivating and high energy, but not a showcase individual. Track record of building, driving and managing an executive team and motivating the broader employee base to work in concert toward common goals and objectives; understands what motivates different people.
Warm, friendly, and interpersonally agile; easy to approach and talk to; relates well to all kinds of people; makes a pleasant first impression and builds solid relationships. Knows where to go to get what he/she needs; politically aware and agile; presents views and arguments well.
We have been retained by Absolute Software through this process. Please apply directly through this posting, and do not contact the company directly. Thank you for your interest in the opportunity and only successful candidates will be contacted.
Chief Executive Officer-CEO | PE owned business services | Tempe, AZ
We have been retained by a leading private equity firm to identify the right CEO for one of its portfolio companies. This business services company is a leader in its market, highly profitable and posting strong EBITDA margins. The company is well positioned for continued growth with the leadership of the right CEO.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be responsible for leading the company’s overall strategic direction, profitability, customer acquisition efforts, operations, budgeting process, financial performance and customer service. He/she must drive results and accountability through the executive leadership team and the entire organization.
The CEO will also play a key role in:
Defining and communicating the company’s goals, objectives and services.
Continuously driving increases in sales performance, revenue growth and EBITDA.
Evaluating and establishing marketing and sales channels to drive increased profitability and new customer acquisition.
Leading improvement in the strategy, business plan and company performance.
Defining, implementing and maintaining performance metrics to help strengthen team accountability.
Leveraging the company’s market leadership and service offerings.
Developing, building, and growing a high performance team for world class execution.
Delivering target results.
A minimum of 20 years of progressive, proven experience, ideally with early career experience in a “blue chip” company and more recent experience in a lower middle market, smaller business or otherwise highly entrepreneurial organization.
Previous tenure as a CEO or President with full P&L responsibility; preference is for a CEO of a private equity backed company that realized a successful exit.
Experience in business services or otherwise relevant industry.
Experience leveraging systems and data to track activity, analyze metrics and drive process improvement.
A proven track record of innovative and creative problem solving success.
A hands-on, collaborative leadership approach.
Strong interpersonal skill set.
An undergraduate degree; MBA preferred.
Chief Executive Officer – CEO | Executive Search |Los Angeles, CA
The chief executive officer (CEO) serves as the leader of the organization and its primary public representative, reporting to the board of directors. The CEO works in partnership with the board to ensure that the organization fulfills its mission and to create strategies that ensure its future success.
– Collaborates with the board to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision
– Creates annual operating plans that support strategic direction set by the board and correlate with annual operating budgets; submits annual plans to the board for approval
– Develops and monitors strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization
– Develops future leadership within the organization
– Oversees the operations of organization and manages its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
– Creates and maintains procedures for implementing plans approved by the board of directors
– Promotes a culture that reflects the organizations values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
– Hires, manages, and fires the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
– Ensures that staff and board have sufficient and up-to-date information
– Evaluates the organizations and the staffs performance on a regular basis
– Oversees staff in developing annual budgets that support operating plans and submits budgets for board approval
– Prudently manages the organization’s resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
– Ensures that staff practices all appropriate accounting procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
– Provides prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the board appropriately informed of the organizations financial position
– Develops fund raising strategies with the board and supports the board in fund raising activities
– Oversees staff in the development and implementation of fund raising plans that support strategies adopted by the Development Committee
– Serves as a primary person in donor relationships and the person to make one-on-one fund raising solicitations
– Oversees staff in the timely submission grant applications and progress reports for funders
– Serves as the primary spokesperson and representative for the organization
– Assures that the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
– Actively advocates for the organization, its beliefs, and its programmatic efforts
– Acts as a liaison between the organization and the community, building relationships with peer organizations when appropriate
– Oversees design, delivery, and quality of programs and services
– Stays abreast of current trends related to the organizations products and services and anticipates future trends likely to have an impact on its work
– Collects and analyzes evaluation information that measures the success of the organizations program efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information
Board Support and Leadership
– Serves as an ex-officio member of the organizations board of directors and all board committees
– Supports operations and administration of the board by advising and informing board members and interfacing between board and staff
– Advises the board in the development of policies and planning recommendations
– Assists in the selection and evaluation of board members and board leadership
– Makes recommendations and supports the board during orientation and self-evaluation
– Supports and participates in the board’s evaluation of the CEO
– Richard Martinez, Vice President & COO Domar Companies LLC, will interview prospective candidates. Interested and qualified candidates may contact Richard Martinez by email: email@example.com