CEO Positions of the Week – 04/07/14
Recent postings of jobs for chief executives from around the country.
April 11 2014 by Ray Palmer
CEO | Cemen Tech, Indianola, IA
Responsible for overall direction of this 45-year-old manufacturing organization, within the guidelines set by the board of directors. Plan, direct, or coordinate activities at the highest level of management with the assistance of subordinate senior leadership team.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Delegating Responsibility – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Motivation – Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) – Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Strategic Planning – Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
CEO / President | Luxury Food Retailer – New York, NY
A national luxury food retailer with $50-250MM in annual sales is searching for a visionary CEO with a proven executive leadership track record. The ideal candidate’s core competencies must embody the ability to empower organizational change, develop new strategies for customer reach and conversion, cultivate knowledgeable luxury customer service, and must have a hands on approach to management. Additionally, the candidate must possess a deep appreciation and understanding of luxury food and the business sector’s future direction through both brick-and-mortar as well as eCommerce growth.
A successful leader will show experience in, as well as have access to, a proven network of leaders with a deep understanding of what drives luxury food sales, as well as several other core competencies.
The CEO will receive a market-competitive compensation package (including base salary, equity participation, and annual performance-based bonus), commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications. In addition, comprehensive benefits are provided with a relocation package tailored to candidate’s situation. Significant travel to operating locations will be expected.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be involved in directing the U.S. operations of the brand. Must have 10 years of executive experience in similar food based operating leadership role.
General Manager – CEO | Mountain View Cooperative, Great Falls, MT
Mountain View Cooperative is a very successful full service grain, agronomy and energy cooperative located in west Central Montana with twelve locations including a BNSF grain shuttle loading facility, a hub fertilizer facility, crop protection, custom application and bulk and retail energy. Annual sales are projected at $200M, with 6 million bushels of grain, 90,000 tons of fertilizer and $12.5 Million in crop protection and seed sales, and 21 Million gallons of Refined Fuels and propane.
This position requires an understanding of accounting, finance/budgeting, planning, business process controls, as well as good communication, supervisory, public relations and organizational skills to manage the total operation. The successful candidate will work extensively with a eight person board. The ideal candidate must be able to make decisions and work independently.
Responsibilities: Manage the operation of the entire business according to Mountain View’s objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a return on investment.Establish and implement a program of safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards. Evaluate patron credit needs and extend credit in accordance with Mountain View’s policies. Monitor credit liability and manage the collection of accounts receivable.
The candidate must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
2 or 4 year degree in Agriculture or Business desired, with 5-7 years of Management / CEO experience.