CEO Positions of the Week – 10/28/13
Recent postings of jobs for chief executives from around the country.
October 27 2013 by ChiefExecutive.net
CEO – Virginia
Consumer Products and Services | Retail & Wholesale
Exciting Opportunity to join a well-established business in the Floral Industry. This position will be responsible for running a business within the floral industry with emphasis on strategic sales and marketing initiatives.
GM/CEO will be responsible for managing approximately 50 employees that include multiple retail locations and a phone and delivery center. Candidate will also be responsible maintaining the organizations personnel, sales and marketing, pricing and accounting practices with a focus on the overall profits of the organization.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established organization and a leader in the industry. Company offers excellent compensation package with the possibility of equity–relocation assistance offered.
7-10 years experience preferred. Successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Sales and Marketing. Candidate should also have strategic marketing and sales background with emphasis on internet delivery to drive sales.
President and/or COO
Fast Growing All Natural BBQ Brand / CPG – Birmingham, MI
The company is a very fast growing, all natural BBQ brand with a full line of products including BBQ Sauces, Marinades, Spice Rubs, and Fully Cooked Meats. Our products are sold in retail grocery stores including Kroger, Whole Foods, and Meijer. We are expanding nationally working towards becoming the #1 All Natural/Gluten Free BBQ Brand. We are a very fun, hard working company that is building a powerful brand.
Overall Position Responsibility: Working with the small team, position will be primarily responsible for developing and overseeing business processes to ensure the effective and efficient operation of a specialty foods business. The position will also involve the development, monitoring and execution of a long-term strategic plan and annual budgets as components of the strategic plan. The position will work closely with the CEO and members of the Company’s advisory board. As a member of a small team, the position will require frequent involvement in many of the detail daily operations.
- Review general ledger accounts and databases that include vendors, customers, brokers, inventory items, warehouse locations, ship-to and bill-to locations
- Oversee standard accounting and business forms (purchase orders, invoices, etc.) to be generated from accounting system
- Assist in developing accounting controls to capture transaction cycle (revenue, purchasing, inventory) processes
- Develop and oversee processes for recording of accounting transactions in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop and oversee generation of accounting reports as needed
- Supervise accounting staff
- Develop and oversee revenue cycle process to include sales, invoicing, accounts receivable management, and cash collection
- Develop and oversee purchasing cycle processes including inventory purchasing and management, accounts payable and cash disbursements
- Develop and oversee sales and marketing process to include sales promotion planning, offers and execution
- Develop and oversee process for ordering and monitoring inventory at co-packer facilities
- Develop and oversee process for fulfillment and delivery of customer orders
- Develop and oversee process for monitoring consistency of product quality at co-packers
- Develop and execute marketing strategy plan including PR and social media strategies
- Develop controls to capture, report and monitor trade promotional deals
- Develop analysis tools to gauge effectiveness of trade and consumer marketing expenditures
- Supervise marketing staff
- Develop annual sales forecasts on month by month basis
- Develop and execute annual sales plan including sales targets, sales objectives, promotional budgets
- Manage customer relationships
- Make Regional and National Sales Calls
- Participate in Local, Regional, and National Food Shows and Trade Shows
- Develop and initiate a broker network; including establishment of objectives and sales targets by broker
- Supervise sales force as sales territories are developed
- Assist in developing and implementing monthly closing process to ensure accurate financial reporting on an accrual basis
- Develop reporting process to insure monthly financial statements and supporting schedules are issued one a timely basis
Planning and Budgeting:
- Develop, execute and monitor the annual sales forecast and budget
- Prepare and analyze actual results compared to budget
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Ten plus years of experience in CPG, preferably specialty foods business
- Experienced with use of accounting software, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and management skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to take “hands-on” approach
- Very hard worker / deep desire to succeed
- Passionate about building a brand