CEO Positions of the Week – 11/18/13
Recent postings of jobs for chief executives from around the country.
November 15 2013 by ChiefExecutive.net
CEO | The Management Group (TMG) | Madison, WI
The CEO of TMG will be succeeding the company’s owners who have shared its leadership responsibility for the last 20 years. This position will be responsible for providing continuity in the strategic and operational leadership to TMG and ensuring continued organizational growth and diversification while achieving continued financial soundness, and stewardship of its integrity in fulfilling its mission. The individual will have full leadership, operating, and profit and loss responsibility for TMG’s operations. The individual will Chair TMG’s Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) and work with its members as a partner leader. The SLT is composed of the Administrative Services, Finance, Organizational and Leadership Development Officers and the Executive Services Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned executive in the fields of health and human services to further grow a company that is already a recognized leader of consumer directed community-based long term care services and programs.
health and community long-term care setting. The position also requires a sound working knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare and the roles of state and federal governments in each.
- Responsible for planning, structure and control of all activities including programs, customer service and financial and technology operations. Accountable for the development and achievement of goals and objectives consistent with the owners’ objectives, the strategic goals of the company, and the company’s mission and values.
- Manages relationships with key customers, stakeholders, and partners at the executive level to ensure the strength of TMG’s partnerships and strategically position TMG for continued opportunities to develop innovative service offerings.
- In working partnership with the SLT, leads the development, implementation, and diversification of TMG service offerings and client base. A key focus will be on integration of consumerdirected, community-based long term care, health care, and behavioral health care services.
- Develops and executes operational strategy focused on maximizing the scope and quality of the company’s services.
- Provides leadership focused on attracting, retaining, training, and inspiring a lean, talented and passionate team that is highly focused on delivering results. Drives TMG culture, building an organizational culture that energizes team members to provide high quality, cost efficient, customer-focused service.
- Achieves superior financial results and actively manages the organization’s financials (budgets, profit & loss, and balance sheet).
- Oversees development and management of state-of-the-art customer support services.
- Ensures operational compliance with all local, state, and Federal regulations.
- Significant and distinguished experience – showing steady professional advancement to the executive leadership level – in the fields of consumer directed, community-based long-term care services, SSI, disabled and/or other mental health.
- Successful experience managing a full P&L of comparable size and complexity to this opportunity, including revenue growth and expense management.
- Demonstrated experience successfully building, leading, developing and inspiring high performing business teams through periods of cultural change.
- Understanding of health and human services coupled with strong business acumen.
- Ability to work in a private, closely-held company.
- Broad-based exposure to successful cross program and funding stream system integration design, implementation and operations.
- 4 year degree required. Advanced degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and various business systems / software.
- Exemplary integrity, serving as a role model in exuding trust and honesty, and maintaining the highest professional standards.
- Demonstrated mission focus, with a personal history indicating a deep affinity for TMG’s mission of Empowering People to Create Meaningful Lives in Their Communities™ and its commitment to the principles of self-determination.
- Proven people and program leadership ability. A professional personal demeanor consistent with TMG’s values and culture, contributing to a positive, supportive work environment for all TMG employees, partners, and beneficiaries of its services.
- A strong ability to inspire and empower individuals at all levels to give their best efforts, and to formulate and communicate a compelling long-term vision for success to all constituents.
- Superb work habits, including strong work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, commitment to excellence, and ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Broad business and political savvy with varied functional and situational experiences, coupled with strong strategic leadership instincts and a driving sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Strong analytical skills for assessing financials, customer profitability, acquisition
opportunities and consumer/market trends.
- Commitment to continuous learning, professional development and personal and team growth.
- Strong communication skills including outstanding writing, speaking, and listening competencies (up, down, and laterally).
President / CEO – Technical Surveillance Sector
The Grichan Partnership – Chantilly, VA
Our client designs, manufactures, supplies, integrates and supports a broad portfolio of specialist, high-end technical surveillance products, including those related to electro-optics, tracking and location, tactical cyber, alerting and imaging. The business sells primarily to the military, government agencies and law enforcement organizations, possesses its own research and development capabilities, has locations in the USA and Europe and has achieved compound annual growth in turnover of 99% per annum since 2007.
In order to support the ongoing growth of the business and to realize the significant opportunities open to it, our client is seeking to appoint to the position of President for the Americas. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and thus a member of the global executive committee, this person’s responsibilities will include:
- Providing top-down leadership and direction to the company’s operations in the Americas, with this including assuming profit and loss responsibility. To establish further the firm’s brand in the Americas and to manage the rapid growth of the company so that the American business is generating 60% of the company’s global revenues (approximately $40 million) within three years.
- Devising, implementing, monitoring and enforcing the strategies required by the business in the Americas across service, support, training, assembly, manufacturing and research and development (including ad-hoc design and engineering). To identify and deliver new commercial initiatives, to create and develop commercial partnerships and to identify opportunities to expand the product range. Beyond this, to pursue further change and transformation that will directly support and facilitate ongoing development, profitability, efficiency and growth.
- Scoping and identifying target markets, understanding how they operate and are structured so as to gain a detailed knowledge of current and future requirements and to create strategic business development plans. To manage requirements analysis and specification personally and through the business development team. To maintain a focus on SOCOM (which is currently the company’s largest customer in the Americas) but to ensure the customer base also expands to encompass the wider military, federal and law enforcement markets.
- Pursuing sales and business development activities personally, creating, maintaining and improving strong working relationships with key personnel within current and prospective customers who may or may not belong to one’s current network of contacts. To identify new commercial opportunities and to generate demand for the company’s products and services, both for new requirements and the replacement of existing customer inventories.
- Driving the company towards the pursuit of large-scale RFI / RFQ opportunities, with this including conducting negotiations and designing and submitting bids. To secure enduring formal contracts with customers and to provide effective customer relationship management so as to ensure that appropriate service levels are delivered, that problems / incidents are resolved and that existing contracts are developed and protected.
- Creating and developing mutually beneficial relationships with partners, distributors and other third parties. However, as our client’s breadth of capability and resources increase, to reduce the reliance on distributors to a point where the company itself is the sole route of supply.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the business in the Americas. To ensure profitable and efficient operation, that best-in-class products and services are delivered, that financial targets are met, that resources are optimally utilized and that performance is reviewed. To grow our client’s reputation and standing as defined by user groups.
- Ensuring the business in the Americas complies with its legislative, regulatory and operational commitments. To identify and mitigate commercial and operational risks so as to provide long-term stability.
- Achieving any and all commercial and operational targets within agreed timescales, such as those regarding profit and loss, revenue, profitability, growth, working capital, pipeline, customer satisfaction and quality. To produce and provide forecasting, budgeting, accounting and other forms of reporting as required.
- Assuming responsibility for the existing team in the USA and managing the recruitment and integration of new staff so as to ensure the business possesses the resources, skills and knowledge it requires. To ensure all employees are provided with clearly defined and measurable objectives and to ensure they are fully aware of the business’ strategy and their place within it. Furthermore, to create a culture in which all personnel receive the administrative support, knowledge management, personal development, training and incentivization they require, thus creating a corporate environment that attracts, motivates and retains the very best people.
- Developing productive and trusted relationships with the other members of the executive committee and with the international business development and sales teams. To work collaboratively with these people on joint initiatives, to drive wider commercial success, to enable pan-business planning, to establish and promote best practice, and to extract maximum value from cross-business experience, knowledge and opportunities.
The President will be based at our client’s offices in Chantilly, VA. Frequent travel within the Americas and regular international travel will be required.
The successful applicant will possess a proven and successful track record in a senior (president, VP, director or equivalent) commercial role for a business within the defense, security and / or intelligence electronics sectors. This will include experience of managing profit and loss, reporting and forecasting, of driving revenue growth and of setting strategy and an understanding of the military, federal and law enforcement agencies to which our client sells. The successful applicant will also possess excellent commercial, communications, people-management and planning skills, as well as a confident, entrepreneurial, self-starting and flexible approach. The appointee should hold or have held or be able to gain again relevant security clearances.
This position represents the opportunity for the appointee to demonstrate their ability in evolving, growing and managing a business in the defense and security market. Success in this position will therefore not only bring financial reward and future career progression within our client as the company expands and develops but build the appointee a strong personal reputation that will position them well for potential future employment at Chief Executive Officer level outside the business.
CEO | Vibra Healthcare | Springfield, IL
Vibra Healthcare is a national operator of long term acute care hospitals (LTACH) and acute rehabilitation hospitals. We offer a vision of elevating patient care to ambitious new levels, of attracting the finest personnel in the field and of positioning Vibra Healthcare among the industry’s most respected organizations.
Vibra Healthcare is seeking a dynamic, experienced LTACH Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead the LTACH in Springfield, IL. The CEO is directly responsible for the delivery of quality care to patients, development of new business, supervision and control of staff and bottom-line financial performance. The CEO strikes a balance between day to day operating issues and strategic development initiatives to position the hospital for solid, long term growth.
Key responsibilities include:
· Providing the cultural leadership and setting the standards for operating excellence.
· Recruitment and retention of qualified staff
· Delivery of high quality patient care
· Implementation of clinical policies and procedures that ensure compliance with all company policies and State/Federal rules and regulations
· Development of referral relationships, including relationships with referring physicians
· Day to day focus on the financial operations of the hospital, with an unwavering commitment to solid financial performance
· Representing the hospital within the medical community and news media
Qualifications for the CEO position include:
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in a healthcare field is preferred. An equivalent combination of academic, clinical and operational experience may be considered.
· At least 3-5 years experience in healthcare administration/management with experience in operations management, human resources, and/or finance is required. Previous LTACH CEO strongly desired.
· Strong business development and community-based relationship building skills and experience preferred.
· Knowledge of federal, state, CMS and Joint Commission regulatory requirements required.
· Demonstrated track record of financial success and exemplary clinical care required.
· Proven success in recruiting and developing staff, and in developing relationships with the medical community required.