CEO Positions of the Week – 5/5/14
Looking for CEOs this week: a luxury food retailer, a printing/forest products company, a mobile gaming firm and a digital media platform provider.
May 2 2014 by ChiefExecutive.net
Chief Executive Officer | Dean & Deluca | New York, NY
The luxury food retailer, DEAN & DELUCA, is searching for a visionary U.S. focused CEO with a proven executive leadership track record to be based in New York City. The ideal candidate’s core competencies must embody the ability to empower organizational change, develop new strategies for customer reach and conversion, cultivate knowledgeable luxury customer service, and must have a hands on approach to management. Additionally, the candidate must possess a deep appreciation and understanding of luxury food and the business sector’s future direction through both brick and mortar as well as eCommerce growth.
A successful leader will show experience in as well as have access to a proven network of leaders with the following core competencies:
- Deep understanding of what drives luxury food sales.
- Successful execution of training and product knowledge development.
- 21st century vision for brick and mortar retailing through the effective implementation of customer centric technology.
- Ability to craft a customer experience that is second to none from initial interaction well beyond transaction completion.
- Strong business leadership skills with balanced fiscally responsible management.
- Understanding of design and programming as well as how to develop a physical experience that drives revenue and energy.
- Philosophy of strong ROI results for all decision making.
- Passionate critical and creative thinking skills with a foundation based on execution and delivery.
- Strong execution mentality; “get stuff done;” efficiently develop and implement processes to achieve desired results.
- Effective “boots on the ground” approach.
- Bias to act; use intuition to identify and solve problems quickly.
- Lead by example; influence others; foster teamwork; champion change.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be involved in directing the US operations of the brand. Although responsibilities will be diverse, for the first 90 days the CEO’s efforts are expected to initially focus on the following:
- Drive cultural change based around food, product knowledge, and customer service.
- Develop or retool sales channel experiences in all sectors including eCommerce, brick and mortar, catering, direct sales, and corporate sales.
- Create and execute accountability plans throughout the organization.
- Reprogram product assortments and offerings to meet customer demands.
- Drive profitability through sound ROI and business focused decision making.
Skills and Experience
- Ten years of executive experience in similar food based operating leadership role.
- Access to a network of industry colleagues who will lead departmental changes within the organization.
- Track record of successful strategic implementation.
- Strong bias to action including specific experience in driving organizational projects/efforts to successful completion and achieving deadlines.
- Keen and detailed analysis skills, including the ability to review and understand detailed financial/operating information, quickly ascertain key learnings, and develop actions to drive improvements.
- Experience and a willingness to work directly with employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated communication skills in working with third-party business partners, such as suppliers/vendors, banks, professional service firms and/or other external parties.
CEO | Paper/Printing/Packaging/Forest Products | Great Lakes Region
COMPANY: FDA & EPA registered, ISO 9001:2008 Certified, industry leader in contract manufacturing of nonwoven CPG personal care items
The CEO is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the company by working with the Board and other management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies and the implementation thereof.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of the company’s growth plans and strategic programs in partnership with the Board
- Provide organizational leadership and alignment of team behind strategic and operational goals
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the Company (e.g. evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers)
- Develop plan and lead integration of acquisitions
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs and strategies
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and senior executives in performing their responsibilities
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through the involvement of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the business
- Continued development and enhancement of the executive operating team and a focus on enhancing operational resources and capabilities to maintain consistent quality and swift execution
- Drives the company’s efforts to position itself as a market leader within the nonwoven industry
- $100-$500 million+ P/L experience in related industry mandatory
- Minimum five years of contract converting experience
- Nonwoven and/or Contract Packaging within the Consumer Packaging Goods sector critical
- Fortune 100 CPG account management experience required
- Private label manufacturing experience mandatory
- Industry competitive salary and bonus structure. Relocation provided. Only those with contract converting of consumer packaged goods experience will be considered.
CEO | Brand.com | Philadelphia, PA
Brand.com and NHQ.com have created a platform that is disrupting the PR industry by directly connecting brands with top-tier digital publishers. Through our unique business model, Publishers get direct access to newsmakers and a vital new source of revenue. The Brand.com founders are looking to create the first ever CEO position. The CEO will come from a top-tier media or news outlet and should understand the challenges of generating high quality content and making a profit in the digital media world. Brand.com is a late stage growth company that has financed its own growth with sweat equity and cash flow. The CEO will join a dynamic team that is transforming online media. Reporting to the board, the CEO will own strategic planning and will work to ensure a high performing organization dedicated to innovation and transformation. Culture drives our success at Brand.com and the CEO will also be the owner of the culture.
This position is based in Philadelphia, PA. Responsibilities: Be the external face of the new industry and a passionate, effective advocate for the benefit on our online news and publishing partners as well as our brand clients; Sets strategic direction quarterly with the Executive Team and the Board; Collaborates with the Executive Team and The Board to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision; Continue to attract, develop and retain a great team; Share our commitment to data driven decision making that measures the success of the organization’s program efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information; Promotes our culture and organization’s values which reward innovation and performance.
- Current senior executive experience at a major internationally recognized top news or online publishing organization.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability and strong operational focus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is politically savvy and a team player
- Masters degree (MA) Or equivalent; or ten to fifteen years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
CEO | SnapBatch, LLC | Cleveland, OH
SnapBatch LLC, a portfolio company of Bizdom is a platform that engages arena audiences through immersion mobile gaming. The company has successfully launched the platform with the Cleveland Cavaliers and is seeking an experienced and motivated CEO to lead the company’s growth.
- 5 to 10 years experience in business development and strategy in either a startup or the tech industry
- Investment strategy, funding, lead to market
- Strong financial background, including pricing strategy, company valuation
- Experience in mobile advertising and sponsor development a plus
- Strong account and client management skills for either an agency or technical offering
- Recruit, develop and manage sales, marketing and operations staff for a growing business
- Client presentation and contract negotiation
- Lead companies market entry and growth objectives
- Manage all financial aspects
- Ability to make decisions and deliver product in a fast paced environment
- Basic knowledge of dot net, Java and objective C applications
- Experience in a web development environment
- Advanced experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint or Keynote
- Understanding of software development cycle and methodology
Must be flexible on terms. Offers growth and long term benefits for the right person who understands the challenge of an early stage start up.