CEO | Medical Device Industry | Palm Beach, FL
Our client is a leading medical device manufacturing company that is renowned world-wide for its industry leading proprietary product line. The company has its own manufacturing facilities and has a committed product development focus. This is an intriguing opportunity to partner with a deep pocketed and respected private equity group and grow a very profitable business with a substantial reputation in the industry. Growth will continue to occur organically but will be significantly enhanced through acquisition.
Our mandate requires an individual well versed in medical device manufacturing with a strong sales and marketing orientation. We require a leader who has run their own P&L, at the General Manager level or higher. We would be interested in hearing from those that have previous private equity experience, but that is not a hard requirement.
CEO | First Creative Capital | New York, NY
First Creative Capital is looking for “C” level CEO candidates from the commercial/merchant or investment banking community to be considered for our intellectual property advisory company. Principals and executives from other non-bank financial services institutions including media or hedge funds, financial advisory or management companies would also be considered. Strong banking experience as a standing CEO with bottom line responsibility for running a financial institution with assets of approximately $1 Billion for at least 4-5 years is requested. Seasoned experience raising capital is required. The candidate should have excellent credit and risk assessment experience, with a working understanding of the financial issues pertaining to our defined target community of companies and individual that produce and monetize intellectual property assets.
In the alternative, the candidate should have a long-standing career as a principal, or senior financial executive working within the entertainment, media, publishing, advertising, or design industries where intellectual properties in the form of patents, copyrights, trademarks, brand equity, and royalty/licensing revenues have been the core revenue sources from the business activities of the company.
Our feeling is that while preferred, it will be harder to find candidates with deep commercial banking and IP experience in one person. Since we have an excellent team of IP experts developing, we would be comfortable to identify someone with excellent commercial or merchant banking experience who is an “open architecture” executive, able to listen to, learn from and work with First Creative Capital’s IP experts.
Our core challenge is to build a first rate, highly credentialed advisory management team with the right balance between commercial financial services expertise able to work seamlessly with our Intellectual Property professionals.
Other CEO candidate characteristics:
We are looking for a consensus builder.
Excellent experience supervising compliance and Federal regulator relationships.
Hands-on, day-to-day operational knowledge with strong recruiting and management building experience without having to rely on executive search firms and be able to attract first-rate bankers and managers from existing financial institutions, and financial leaders from creative community businesses.
Good strategic understanding of branch/office roll-out planning and execution.
Excellent connections with the New York business, cultural and social philanthropic community.
Comfortable with handling high profile and celebrity individuals.
We are not looking for a commercial community banker in the traditional geographic sense. First Creative offers a nationwide platform of advisory services to the demographic community of creative companies and individuals.
CEO | Numet | Orange, CT
Numet is a contract manufacturer of precision-machined components requiring complex geometries and exotic alloys. Founded in 1974, Numet has a singular focus of producing jet turbine engine components, positioned as a Tier 1 supplier to key OEMs.
Numet is a self-release supplier of flight critical parts to General Electric Aviation, Pratt & Whitney and the US Department of Defense. The Company currently specializes in complex turned and 5-axis milled components and assemblies made from extreme temperature metallic alloys typically used in the hot section of jet turbine engines.
In 2011 the Company was recapitalized with a major investment led by Kidd & Company (www.kiddcompany.com), a private equity firm. As part of this recapitalization, Kidd & Company supplemented the Companys management team with several key executives with deep experience, and the Company is now investing millions in facilities, equipment, systems, and training to support the growth of the business.
A key aspect of this foundational development is the recent move to a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Orange, CT. This 40,000 square foot space features the latest in energy efficient lighting, fully climate-controlled, and features a Class100K clean room. In addition to fully refurbishing all existing equipment as part of the move, the Company is also investing in the latest technology available in new precision machining equipment.
CEO roles and responsibilities:
The Chief Executive Officer (the CEO) will report to the Numet Board of Directors and will be responsible for leading all of the Companys operating functions to achieve the objectives set forth by the board of directors. Specific responsibilities include:
– Oversee the aggressive and profitable growth of Numet, both organically and through acquisition.
– Personally lead the marketing, sales and business development efforts.
– Partner with the board of directors and key members of management to identify, negotiate, close and integrate acquisitions.
– Partner with the VP Finance to ensure that Numet efficiently and effectively scales to support the growth of the business while maintaining/growing its profit margins.
– Play a lead role in maintaining and enhancing the culture and values of the organization that will provide the setting for world-class shareholder/investor, customer, employee, and strategic partner satisfaction.
The role calls for a superb leader with substantial experience in growth strategies where organic growth and a well-defined merger and acquisition strategy have been key to the companys success. In addition, experiences in the following areas are core to the CEOs role:
– Industry experience and relationships in the aerospace sector.
– A broad vision and understanding of growing businesses, both organically and through strategic acquisitions.
– A demonstrated track record of both closing sales & business development deals in the aerospace sector as well as growing the share of business with clients.
– Leading a private equity-backed lower middle-market growth company through a sale of the business is also highly desirable.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following core competencies:
– Personal Sales & Business Development Abilities. The new CEO should have the ability grow revenue with existing Numet customers as well as develop new customer relationships and sales, both through mobilizing effective business development and sales personnel, as well as through personal engagement in high-level dialogs with senior aerospace executives. A track record of success in this regard will be demonstrated in part by a broad array of personal relationships at customers.
– Leadership and General Management Competency: The CEO will need to quickly establish credibility by gaining a detailed understanding of the Company, its operations and its markets. S/he will drive performance by providing leadership and the metrics that drive business improvement. S/he will possess strong communication skills and insight into the different constituencies who have an interest in the Companys growth and performance. This will enable the CEO to be an industry leader, effective public spokesman, and advocate for the Company with customers, business partners and the financial community.
– Acquisition & Integration Experience: The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a track record of direct deal making and negotiation and leading the post-financing integration.
– Results Orientation: The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver, with the ability to prioritize activities and drive improved business performance. S/he will have succeeded in an environment that stresses the use of measurable objectives and is someone who holds executives accountable for their performance. S/he will have a do-what-it-takes attitude with the ability to work under deadline pressure and to overcome obstacles.
CEO | Metal Fabrication Industry | Houston, Texas
A Chief Executive Officer is needed for a metal fabrication business with $ 15,000,000 in revenue and about 100 employees. Facilities include a 110,000 square foot fabrication building equipped with an overhead crane. Executive offices are contained in a separate adjacent building. This position requires heavy emphasis on profit improvement and shop floor management. The CEO reports to the sole shareholder. The CEO will be responsible for all operations of the company including sales, marketing, manufacturing, purchasing, accounting, employment, and banking. The CEO will develop short and long-term plans for the company and will implement a budget system. Educational requirements include a college degree. Work history will list at least ten years’ experience in positions leading to general management in manufacturing or construction companies. Compensation includes a competitive salary plus profit sharing.
About Bebco Industries, Inc.
Bebco Industries, Inc. is a 34 year old company specializing in the design, engineering, and fabrication of environmentally controlled steel shelters for use in the utility, chemical and mining industries. Its manufacturing operations are performed in a modern 110,000 square foot fabrication facility. The executive offices are housed in an adjacent newly re-furbished office building. Bebco Industries, Inc. is located in Galveston County between the cities of Houston and Galveston.
CEO / COO | Diviac / Internet Startup | New York, NY
Diviac is an Internet startup in the sports & social travel space that is headquartered in Switzerland but globally active. It offers a cloud-based platform for scuba divers, which combines sports activity tracking (think Nike+, Movescount ), social networking, and social travel (Tripadvisor, Gogobot, Wayn ). The company was founded in late 2012 and the service officially launched in November 2013. Through a groundbreaking partnership deal, diviac rapidly leapfrogged the competition and is now the world s biggest scuba platform with more than 200 000 registered users. The founders’ goal is to establish Diviac as the reference platform in the scuba diving world and leverage this position not only to generate great returns, but also to act as a force for good in terms of marine eco-system awareness and activism.
This is a unique opportunity to join and run an early stage startup and get a significant stake of the company.
After having built the foundation of the company and completed a first round of seed financing at the end of 2013, Joel & Thomas are now looking for an entrepreneurial leader who s prepared to embrace this opportunity, treat the business as his own, and lead the company to be the biggest and best of its kind globally. Both founders will remain partially involved in the business and act as a mentors to the CEO/COO.
As the CEO/COO of an early stage startup, your responsibilities will be very broad and encompass all functions of the company:
– Ongoing strategy & operational model development and refinement
– Business development (Partnership building, retail channel build-up )
– B2C Internet marketing (SEO, SEM, SMM )
– Product development roadmap (web and mobile)
– Management of the outsourced software development team
– Finance & admin (partially outsourced)
– Recruiting and team development, etc.
A combination of some the following experiences is required
– Software design and development
– Business development, particularlysales & partnership building
– International exposure: lived and/or traveled in multiple countries and/or worked with customers or clients across multiple countries and continents
– P&L ownership
– Strategy/operational/IT consulting with a top tier firm
– Entrepreneurial activity, eg. founded something, started something.
Qualifications / skills
– Certified scuba diver
– Proven passion for all things digital
– Curious by nature, quick-learner who loves challenges
– Exceptional drive and energy
– True general manager with a good understanding of all facets of business
– Strategic thinker with a clear bias for action – we need an architect who can build the house, not just draw the plans
– Domain expertise in some of the following areas is a clear asset: agile software development, database design, mobile, Internet marketing, e-commerce, social networking, website analytics
– Masters degree in computer science (or business administration)
– Preferably complemented with an MBA from a top tier business school
– Perfect command of English, other languages an asset.