CEO Positions of the Week – June 30, 2014
These companies are looking for experienced CEOs.
June 26 2014 by Lynn Russo Whylly
CEO/COO | Aerospace Manufacturing | Detroit, Mich.
This is a unique opportunity for a proven COO-CEO with an emphasis in operations to join a successful and stable organization.
Our client is an established global industry leader in the manufacturing of specialty tooling solutions to the aerospace industry.
In this role you will direct all the organizations operations strategically with an emphasis on improving manufacturing practices and increasing plant productivity with a focus on business process development and improvement.
You will lead and direct all facets of operational quality improvement and spear head long range planning and forecasting. This will include appraising the organizations operational position through reports on the companies manufacturing matrixes and strategic plans.
Qualified candidates will need a significant and proven track record in leading manufacturing firms operations, and would have come up through the operational side of manufacturing organizations.
CEO | Consumer Electronics | Los Angeles, Calif.
Our client, is a privately owned Corporation that has over 35 years of operations in various countries and across various sectors. They just recently commenced its operations in consumer electronic goods across various target market verticals. We are currently seeking a CEO to lead and develop the North American private market primarily developing distribution through major retailers. The CEO would be based in Los Angeles, California.
As CEO, you will be responsible for focusing on budget and creating a market space. You will create the image for the private market and create a presence within the industry, attending tradeshows for the consumer electronic product. You will be in charge of product development, identifying new trends and reporting to Mexico and China so new products can be developed.
Within 3-4 years, your goal as CEO will be to develop the US market in the private space. The U.S. will then become the headquarters for the private space within 5 years, with all tablets and electronic education consumer products being marketed and distributed for the U.S. You will implement a sales and marketing strategy, bringing the company into the consumer market.
CEO | Numet | Manufacturing | Orange, CT
Numet (www.numet.net) (The Company) is a contract manufacturer of precision-machined components requiring complex geometries and exotic alloys. Founded in 1974, Numet has a singular focus of producing jet turbine engine components, positioned as a Tier 1 supplier to key OEMs.
Numet is a self-release supplier of flight critical parts to General Electric Aviation, Pratt & Whitney and the US Department of Defense. The Company currently specializes in complex turned and 5-axis milled components and assemblies made from extreme temperature metallic alloys typically used in the hot section of jet turbine engines.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Chief Executive Officer (the CEO) will report to the Numet Board of Directors and will be responsible for leading all of the company’s operating functions to achieve the objectives set forth by the board of directors. Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee the aggressive and profitable growth of Numet, both organically and through acquisition.
- Personally lead the marketing, sales and business development efforts.
- Partner with the board of directors and key members of management to identify, negotiate, close and integrate acquisitions.
- Partner with the VP Finance to ensure that Numet efficiently and effectively scales to support the growth of the business while maintaining/growing its profit margins.
- Play a lead role in maintaining and enhancing the culture and values of the organization that will provide the setting for world-class shareholder/investor, customer, employee, and strategic partner satisfaction.
CEO CANDIDATE PROFILE
The role calls for a superb leader with substantial experience in growth strategies where organic growth and a well-defined merger and acquisition strategy have been key to the companys success. In addition, experiences in the following areas are core to the CEOs role:
- Industry experience and relationships in the aerospace sector.
- A broad vision and understanding of growing businesses, both organically and through strategic acquisitions.
- A demonstrated track record of both closing sales & business development deals in the aerospace sector as well as growing the share of business with clients.
- Leading a private equity-backed lower middle-market growth company through a sale of the business is also highly desirable.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following core competencies:
- Personal Sales & Business Development Abilities. The new CEO should have the ability grow revenue with existing Numet customers as well as develop new customer relationships and sales, both through mobilizing effective business development and sales personnel, as well as through personal engagement in high-level dialogs with senior aerospace executives. A track record of success in this regard will be demonstrated in part by a broad array of personal relationships at customers.
- Leadership and General Management Competency: The CEO will need to quickly establish credibility by gaining a detailed understanding of the Company, its operations and its markets. S/he will drive performance by providing leadership and the metrics that drive business improvement. S/he will possess strong communication skills and insight into the different constituencies who have an interest in the Companys growth and performance. This will enable the CEO to be an industry leader, effective public spokesman, and advocate for the Company with customers, business partners and the financial community.
- Acquisition & Integration Experience: The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a track record of direct deal making and negotiation and leading the post-financing integration.
- Results Orientation: The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver, with the ability to prioritize activities and drive improved business performance. S/he will have succeeded in an environment that stresses the use of measurable objectives and is someone who holds executives accountable for their performance. S/he will have a do-what-it-takes attitude with the ability to work under deadline pressure and to overcome obstacles.
CEO | Hyrbrix Fertilizer | Delaware, Ohio
We need professional assistance and guidance for growing our company. We are a family farm. Our company mixes and packages fertilizers for home gardeners in 5 and 20 lb. containers. We also package the product in 2,000 lb. super sacks for larger produce growers. Currently, we ship the 5 and 20 lb. containers all over the country and super sacks to surrounding states. The fertilizers we package are unique because they do not require any soil testing and work in any soil type. Hyrbrix has both organic and non-organic fertilizers. Strong product demand is forcing us to expand. There are a lot of decisions and money to be spent over the next couple of years. Hyrbrix is growing and needs professional guidance.
CEO/President | Banking | St. Cloud, Minn.
The President and CEO is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the bank by working with the board and management to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Is aware of market and economic trends and accountable for the development, implementation and results of the bank’s financial and business plan and will participate in the holding companies’ strategic plan.
Is engaged in the greater St Cloud community and will lead the bank’s sales, marketing and branding efforts.
Is responsible for the ongoing management of the bank’s asset and liability management program.
Is responsible for maintaining a strong credit and regulatory compliance culture and maintaining the bank’s strong regulatory ratings.
Is responsible for building a strong management team and building a culture that delivers a great customer experience through engaged associates and the effective use of technology.
Responsible for ensuring there is an adequate performance management system and a management succession plan in place to ensure the ongoing successful operations of the bank.
Leads by example with a strong work ethic, ethical decision making and fairness to associates and customers.
Execute the responsibilities of a bank director according to lawful and ethical standards, as referenced in the bank’s board policies.
The President and CEO will be an accomplished Community Commercial banker with a proven track record of community involvement, leadership, lending and financial management.
A four year degree or higher.
Ten plus years of experience in community banking.
Demonstrated leader that has successfully lead successful teams and shown a track record of success.
An energetic, forward thinking individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communications skills.
A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement and strong operational focus.
An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts and loan agreements.