CEO | Crabtree & Eller | Houston, TX
My client is a premier global logistics and international trade management service provider that supplies end-to-end solutions to an extensive global network in the food distribution sector. Located in Houston, Texas, my client has prime access to international land, sea, and air trade routes. They are a premier food distributor & manufacturer plus logistics company.
Founded in the 1950’s they established business as a dominant player throughout the Pacific trading world, serving clients along the Western Pacific Rim, Oceania, India, the Middle East and the Americas. My client built a heritage known for operating in diverse markets, introducing product lines into new markets, and nurturing relationships of long standing clients.
- Selling grocery distribution and food products to food retailers / wholesalers domestically & internationally
- Selling Distribution & transportation in support of the grocery distribution process
- Attend in international food shows
- Involved with selling & logistics for imports & exports
- Over your company division from A to Z. Includes 140K SF warehouse, financials. Sales will be your primary focus
- Will had 3-5 sales people reporting to you. One sells food / distribution for hunger relief; the second does international sales and the 3rd one does domestic sales
- Report to President & CEO of the holding company
- Travel to China, Middle East, Japan, S. Korea
- Selling to food chains on the East & West Coast
- Selling to9 Super Value stores on the East & West Coast
- 10-15 years’ experience with selling grocery items to key markets domestically & internationally
- Sales experience to include selling to 3rd parties vs. selling to captive intra-company stores & distributors
- Must know grocery market and general grocery sales and processes.
- Travel – 50% for domestic & international trips
- Relocation available – must live in the Houston area
- Must have prior overseas international travel experience
- Must have active passport
Pay / Benefits:
- $175K-$200K Base pay
- Bonus 30% – (80% on budget / 20% other tangibles)
- Stock Options – future possibility dependent on performance
- Benefits – 401K / Profit Sharing / Medical / Dental / Vision
- Generous relocation plan
CEO | CMF Associates | Manufacturing | Overland Park, KS
Our client is a well-established multi-location manufacturer with a product portfolio that is both industry leading and innovative. This enterprise is partnered with a private equity sponsor with over $5B in assets under management.
We are seeking a proven business-builder Chief Executive Officer with deep roots in the manufactured products space with a successful track record of building strong internal teams in research, product development, sales & marketing, administration, supply chain and operations. This record will include success in bringing new and innovative products to market, forging deep relationships with customers, suppliers and business partners, and executing on creative growth strategies through new product introduction, new customer development and pinpointed acquisition initiatives.
Your background will include extensive, multi-location manufacturing leadership coming up the ranks in your career in operations, finance or sales, and successfully leading middle market or mid-cap enterprises through significant business building initiatives. We are flexible on background and will consider prospective candidates from diverse manufacturing experiences from industrial products, to electronics, technology, telecommunications, automotive, aerospace to food & beverage. Ideally you will have spent some time in your career in a large, multi-national corporation and have complemented that with experience working in middle market manufacturing enterprise.
This is a challenging and rewarding growth opportunity working with a substantial financial sponsor and board looking to take an already successful enterprise and grow it to the next level.
CEO | First Creative Capital | Entertainment/Media | New York, NY
First Creative Capital (“FCC” or the “Company”) is a New York City based financial services company designed to offer a wide range of unique financial products and services better serve the 12 business sectors that make up the “Creative Community” of the United States:
Architecture Motion Picture Film
Literature & Publishing Performing Arts
Television, Cable & Radio Fashion
Advertising & Marketing Fine Arts
Digital Media Arts & Sciences Antiques & Collectibles
First Creative Capital is looking for CEO candidates from the commercial/merchant or investment banking community to be considered for our intellectual property advisory company. Principals and executives from other non-bank financial services institutions including media or hedge funds, financial advisory or management companies would also be considered. Strong banking experience as a standing CEO with bottom line responsibility for running a financial institution with assets of approximately $1 Billion for at least 4-5 years is requested.
Seasoned experience raising capital is required. The candidate should have excellent credit and risk assessment experience, with a working understanding of the financial issues pertaining to our defined target community of companies and individual that produce and monetize intellectual property assets.
In the alternative, the candidate should have a long-standing career as a principal, or senior financial executive working within the entertainment, media, publishing, advertising, or design industries where intellectual properties in the form of patents, copyrights, trademarks, brand equity, and royalty/licensing revenues have been the core revenue sources from the business activities of the company.
Our feeling is that while preferred, it will be harder to find candidates with deep commercial banking and IP experience in one person. Since we have an excellent team of IP experts developing, we would be comfortable to identify someone with excellent commercial or merchant banking experience who is an “open architecture” executive, able to listen to, learn from and work with First Creative Capital’s IP experts.
Our core challenge is to build a first rate, highly credentialed advisory management team with the right balance between commercial financial services expertise able to work seamlessly with our Intellectual Property professionals.
CEO | DSM Advanced Biofuels LLC | Sioux Falls, SD
On 23 Jan 2012 POET and DSM have formed a 50/50 Joint Venture (JV) to commercialize and license cellulosic bio- ethanol: POET-DSM Advanced Biofuels LLC. The JV is constructing a 20-25MGY commercial demonstration plant (Project Liberty) and setting up a licensing organization to license out an integrated technology package.
The strategic objectives of the joint venture are:
• Commercial demonstration of the production of cellulosic ethanol from corn crop residues on 20 – 25 million gallon scale (Project Liberty I), using POET’s http://poet.com/ process technology and DSM’s http://www.dsm.com/corporate/home.html yeast and enzyme technology (including on-site manufacturing).
• Replicate and license the technology to additional plants to be built at the other corn ethanol facilities in POET’s network and license it to other producers in the United States and the rest of the world. – The construction of Liberty I is well on its way and production is scheduled to start-up mid-2014.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for formulating, preparing, securing, and executing the overall business plan for the Joint Venture (JV). The CEO is accountable for developing and executing the strategic business plan and market strategy, and successfully licensing out the JV technology package globally. The CEO is Profit & Loss responsible for the JV.
The CEO will manage the overall JV team and licensing team to ensure that all business goals are met. They will be responsible for the day- to-day operations of the JV, representing the JV externally and be responsible for coordinating with functions inside the parent companies (POET/DSM) that the JV should regularly interact with.
The CEO acts in full accordance with the approved Business Plan, the decisions of the JV Board and the terms of JV Agreement.
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. Master Degree in Business Management/Engineering/Sciences; MBA is highly desirable.
- A strong understanding of and experience in the Bio-energy market.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in the management of a business, sales and licensing are required.
- Must be strategic and creative, but strong execution and deal making capabilities are critical for success.
- Relationship driven with a strong executive presence and proven ability to build credibility with partner executives, industry analysts, and employees, combined with an extensive network and a solid reputation for developing and driving successful global partner relationships.
- Experience negotiating, selling, and managing licensing agreements.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and execution, business development, sales awareness. Metric focused in driving performance.
- Joint Venture management experience preferred.
- Experience and passion for working in an entrepreneurial startup environment with experience leading and motivating high performing teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with multinationals, international working experience and sufficient sensitivity and management skills to be successful in a multi-cultural environment.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting agreements and implementing the relevant provisions of these agreements.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to communication comfortably and effectively with all levels of an organization including building strong connections between JV and partners, ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
- Shows a willingness and ability to change or adapt to change and to lead by example.
- The ability to express oneself clearly in written and oral communication, with a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Proven ability to attract and motivate personnel in order to balance staffing strength with profitability and organizational growth.
- Ability and willingness to travel in US and internationally 50% of the time.