Five Areas of Cloud Security Your Vendor Must Provide
Most likely, whether you realize it or not, your company probably relies on the cloud for some technological storage. If [...]
September 8 2011 by ChiefExecutive.net
Most likely, whether you realize it or not, your company probably relies on the cloud for some technological storage. If your company doesn’t rely on it now, then it definitely will in the future. And since security of proprietary and customer information is critical to your business, you’ll want to address any safety concerns head on. The Huffington Post outlines the five areas that executives need to address when implementing the cloud.
Your cloud security priorities should be:
- Governance and enterprise risk management – you need to ensure that you will have control over and fully understand any possible risks
- Compliance and audit – you will need to be able to prove you are compliant with your policies and to maintain and update as needed
- Application security – can you safely run software applications on your system
- Encryption and key management – you’ll need to control access to data and resources
- Identity access management – you’ll need to manage employee authorizations
You’ll need to address all of these issues when choosing and implementing a cloud provider so that you can have the most control of your data and resources. And even with the possible security issues that the cloud poses, it will still end up to be a less expensive and safer option to run your business applications.
To stay in the game, CEOs need to know the implications of this new technology. To learn more on the future of cloud computing, join us October 18-19 at Chief Executive’s CEOtech Summit hosted by the Stanford Graduate School of Business. You’ll learn how B2B, industrial, manufacturing and other non-consumer brand businesses are successfully using these technologies. The speaker roster includes eBay CEO John Donahoe, San Francisco Giants CEO Larry Baer, and Kaiser Permanente CEO George Halvorson – and you’ll get to tour the Googleplex! Click here to learn more.