CEOs need time to reflect, advises Chief Executive Magazine. Here are some tips on how to utilize your free time to the fullest:
- Personal Retreat: Bill Gates pioneered the practice with Think Weeks, but it’s not realistic for most CEOs.
- Join a CEO Group: Meet with fellow CEOs who are committed to deep thinking about issues all CEOs confront.
- Time to Wonder: Give your mind the freedom to wander, and get insights to bring back to the business.
- Minute of Silence.
- Five Percent Think Time.
- Don’t Rush Back from Conferences: Take an extra day to synthesize the information and apply the lessons learned at the conference.
- Schedule Recurring Meetings a Month In Advance.
- No Email Fridays: For routine internal communications employees can be encouraged to talk face-to-face or pick up the phone and have an actual conversation.
- Defend Vacations: Come back from vacations with open minds and fresh perspectives.
- Find a Hobby.
For more about CEO reflection, as reported by Chief Executive Magazine, please click here.