The 2012 CEO & Senior Executive Compensation Report for Private Companies is the most comprehensive compensation benchmarking report of its kind. Use this report to:
Order the definitive guide to executive compensation in private companies →
- Help you craft compensation practices that motivate and reward the right activities, attitudes and outputs by your executive team
- Enable you to attract and retain the right senior talent
- Provide benchmarks on your own compensation relative to your peers
The most comprehensive data on private company executive compensation
Chief Executive Research has gathered compensation and best practices data from 1,101 private companies, with over 2,600 current CEO and executive compensation data points. This is the most comprehensive proprietary dataset for private company CEO and executive compensation ever collected. Be confident using our guide as the definitive source of benchmarking and best practices data.
Learn more about the research methodology and data >
Benchmark your company's compensation practices
Benchmark your company's CEO and executive compensation practices vs. other companies of comparable size and profile in terms of:
- Base Salaries
- Equity and options grants
- Benefits and perk packages
- Compensation policies and practices
- Change in compensation components from the prior year
Learn more about the contents of this report >
See how compensation varies based on a variety of factors
Learn how the absolute dollar amounts and mix of compensation components vary by:
- Company annual revenue
- Number of employees
- Geographic region
- Type of ownership: Family, Sole Proprietor, Partnership, Private Equity or V.C.
- Revenue growth
- Profitability margins
See compensation information for CEOs and other top senior executives
This report provides the most detailed compensation data and practices for 10 executive titles in private companies available, including:
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Senior Operations Executive (COO, GM, VP Operations)
- Senior Finance Executive (CFO, VP Finance)
- Senior Marketing Executive (CMO, VP Marketing)
- Senior Sales Executive (CSO, VP Sales)
- Senior Information Technology Executive (CTO, CIO)
- Senior Research/Engineering Executive (Chief Scientist/Engineer, VP R&D/Engineering)
- Senior Human Resources Executive (Human Resources Director, VP Human Resources)
Benchmark equity compensation plans
- How much equity comparable companies give to key executives by position, company size, type of ownership, and more
- Impact of equity grants on company growth and profitability
- How shares and options in private companies are valued and administered
- What types of vesting plans exist and what are some key benchmarks and best practices
This report will not only show you how comparable companies have structured their compensation practices, but you will also learn the best practices for:
- Incentive compensation plans
- Equity awards
- Vesting strategies and triggers
- Retention practices
- Benefits packages
- Perquisite packages
- Cost/benefits of various compensation levers
Who should buy this report?
The data in this research report is an invaluable tool for evaluating your company's compensation practices, benchmarking and aligning them to similar companies, and improving them to incentivize the CEO and senior executive team to perform.
Among those who would benefit from this report are:
- Private and public company CEOs
- Boards of Directors and Chairman of the Boards
- Company owners
- Senior HR executives
- Private equity firms
- Venture capital firms
- Executive search professionals
- Business valuation consultants and lawyers involved in business valuation
- Compensation consultants
Data licenses and other partnerships are available. Please contact us to learn more.
Pricing and Purchasing
The complete CEO & Senior Executive Compensation Report for Private Companies is shipped as a two volume research report.
- Single user, single company license:
$2,495 $1,995 - save $500 on the list price when you order directly through ChiefExecutive.net.
- Over 400 pages of data and best practices
- Over 300 easy-to-read charts and graphs, along with comprehensive compensation data and benchmarks
- Analysis and details of the most comprehensive data set for CEO and senior executive compensation available
Data and Site Licenses
We offer licenses to the data and multi-user licenses for the report. For more information please call Michael Bamberger at 203-930-2709 or e-mail email@example.com.
Order Now →
Save $500 by ordering directly through our website or by phone.
Every purchase of the report includes:
Order Now →
- Two-volume physical copy of the report
- Digital PDF version (available upon request)
- 30 minutes of analyst time to answer any questions about the report and help you use it effectively
- Complimentary one hour consultation with our advisory services team
We offer a no questions asked satisfaction guarantee included with the purchase of the report. If you are dissatisfied with the report for any reason, simply send it back within 30 days of receiving it, and we will refund your order for the full purchase price.
If you have any questions about the report, or would like to order over the phone or via mail, please don't hesitate to contact us:
One Sound Shore Drive, Suite 100
Greenwich, CT 06830