|Date:||October 17, 2012|
|Time:||2pm-3pm ET/1pm-2pm CT/11am-12pm PT|
|Speaker:||Joseph Durnford, CEO, JD Ford & Company, LLC|
|Registration:||Free, courtesy of Chief Executive Group and Chief Executive Network
Register now >
If you are considering merger, sale or debt recapitalization don’t miss this web workshop to learn the fundamentals of how to position your business, what drives valuation and marketability and best practices for making a deal that maximizes price.
This Webinar Helps CEOs:
- Understand the “Value Gap” and why good performance is no longer enough to attract buyers.
- Recognize the actions they can take to increase shareholder value and improve marketability and liquidity
- Appreciate why buyers are shifting focus away from historical EBITDA and more to expected future EBITDA
- Understand the impact increased tax rates will have on deal pricing and your net proceeds
- Learn deal multiples currently being paid in the market and what’s hot and what’s not
- Gain insight into M&A financing sources and how cost of capital impacts pricing
- Position a business for: sale to a strategic buyer, partial sale to private equity or complete a debt recapitalization with dividend paid to current owners
- Learn Best Practices in closing transactions
This 60-minute webinar will provide CEO’s with specific information on how to position a middle market business for merger or sale at the maximum price to the current owners. Discussion will also cover:
- why it’s increasingly difficult to sell a “good” business,
- the growing value gap between lower and upper middle market companies,
- why size matters,
- Why current economic and political uncertainty is impacting M&A activity and the potential influence that QE3 may have on deal making.
Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions during the live Q&A portion of the webinar.
The webinar presentation will be delivered by Senior Middle Market M&A Investment Banker Joseph M. Durnford, CEO and Senior Managing Director, JD Ford & Company LLC.
The session will be moderated by Bob Grabill, President and CEO of the Chief Executive Network, a CEO resource providing CEOs a personal board of directors of CEO-peers.
Critical Takeaways for Every CEO
- How to properly position your business for sale
- How to bridge the value gap and receive fair value for your business
- How to get deals done in an uncertain environment
- The prospects for sale by industry or what’s hot and what’s not
Join peer CEOs for this important webinar and get your questions answered in the interactive Q&A following the session.
Join us October 17, 2012; 2:00pm – 3:00pm Eastern
About the Speakers
Joseph M. Durnford
CEO and Senior Managing Director
JD Ford & Company, LLC
Mr. Durnford is an entrepreneurial, energetic and innovative deal maker, who in 1996 founded JD Ford & Company, a boutique investment bank focused on providing merger, acquisition, valuation and financial advisory services to middle market companies.
Mr. Durnford’s, industry experience is broad-based and includes consumer products and services, specialty retail, manufacturing and business services, information technology services, oil and gas services and resort destination clubs. Mr. Durnford has unique experience in consumer packaged goods in the health and wellness sector, completing notable sell side transactions such as; Larabar to General Mills (2008), Sun Water Systems to Catterton Partners (2009), and Merrick Pet Foods and Treats to Swander Pace Capital (2010). Over the past 25 years, Mr. Durnford has been directly involved in over 100 middle market merger and acquisition transactions with aggregate value of nearly $3 billion.
Mr. Durnford and his firm have been received numerous awards for excellence in M&A including: Deal of the Decade (2001-2011), Lower Middle Market Deal of the Year (2010), Consumer Retail Products Deal of the Year (2010), Information Technology Deal of the Year (2009), Consumer Manufactured Products Deal of the Year (2004)
Mr. Durnford holds a BS Business Administration, from the University of Colorado – Boulder, emphasis accounting. He is a Certified Public Accountant (in-active), Certified Valuation Analyst (in-active), Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor, and is registered with FINRA as General Securities and Financial Operations Principal (Series, 7, 24, 28, 63) and a Limited Representative – Investment Banking (Series 79).
Robert R. Grabill
President & CEO
Chief Executive Network
Bob has over 40 years of management experience, more than three-fourth of which has been in general management. This experience includes President and CEO of a mid-size manufacturing company, Division President for sales and operations of a $250M fiber optics-based carrier, and head of global operations for a $100M specialized equipment manufacturer. He also held several positions in middle management with a Fortune Five company.
Bob was a member of the Chief Executive Network prior to becoming its President. He is the founder of the Senior Executive Network (SEN). Every year, Bob speaks to hundreds of CEOs and senior executives regarding the importance of strong leadership, differentiation and competitive advantage.
Bob has an MBA in marketing from the University of Missouri and degrees in Civil Engineering and Business Administration from the University of Kansas.