Utah is the 13th Best State for Business 2014
Utah’s population is growing faster than the national average, and the government has created the “Envision Utah” plan to manage that growth productively.
May 8 2014 by JP Donlon
Previous State: North Dakota Next State: Wisconsin
No. 13 Utah
Taxations & Regulations
- % Growth ’12-’13: 3.8
- % Growth ’11-’12 v. Nat’l Avg. (2.5%): 0.9
- Unemployment Rate Dec. 2013 %: 4.1
- Comparison with Nat’l Rate (6.70%): -2.6
- Domestic Net Migration 2013: 5,567
- Rank: 13
- State Debt per Capita Fiscal Year ’13 ($): 2,939
- State & Local Gov’t Employees per 10k Residents: 494.9
State-Local Tax Burden
- Rate (%): 9.3%
- Compared to Nat’l Avg. (9.9%): -0.58%
- Overstock.com Inc.
- Zions Bancorporation
- Huntsman Corp.
- Nu Skin
|Development Trend Indicator: Neutral
|Keeps knocking the lights out as it grows professional-services trade.
Based on CEO Survey by ChiefExecutive.net
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Tax Foundation