JOHN S. WATSON: Chevron
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Joined Chevron in: 1980
- Chevron CEO (2009-)
- Chevron Vice Chairman (2009)
- Chevron VP Strategy and Development (2008-2009)
- Chevron President, Chevron International Exploration and Production (2005-2008)
- Chevron Texaco CFO (2000-2005)
- Chevron VP Strategic Planning, Mergers and Acquisitions (1998-2000)
- Chevron President, Chevron Canada
- Chevron GM Strategic Planning and Quality, Chevron USA (1995-1996)
- Chevron Manager of Credit Card Enterprises, Chevron USA (1993-1995)
- Chevron Manager of Investor Relations (1990-1993)
- Chevron Financial Analyst (1980-1990)
- Director – Chevron Capital USA Inc.
- Chairman – American Petroleum Institute Inc.
- Director – San Diego Padres Baseball Club L.P.
- Former Director – Dynegy Inc.
- Chairman – Chevron Corp.
- Dynegy Inc.
- The University of Chicago
- Chevron Energy Solutions LP
- Chevron Capital USA Inc.
- University of California Davis
- ChevronTexaco Overseas Petroleum Inc.
- San Diego Padres Baseball Club LP
University of California Davis ’78, B.S. Agricultural Economics
University of Chicago ’80, MBA
October 1956 – Wichita Falls, Texas
Chevron Website (CVX)
Chevron Stays the Course with New CEO
CEOs of Tomorrow
The Indispensable Industry: Chevron John S. Watson, Chairman and CEO
CNBC: Chevron View from the Top
Tianjin 2010 Summer Davos – John S. Watson
“Our business is a very long-term business. Over that period of time (50 years), you’re going to see governments ebb and flow.”
“We’re going to need oil and gas and coal for a long time if America wants to keep the lights on.”