PLEASE NOTE: Due to a heavy volume of submissions, we cannot respond personally to each submission. We regret that we won’t be able to take the time to tell you why your article does not meet our needs. Note that it will be about 4-6 weeks before you hear from us. All submissions must be emailed to the address below. We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding submissions at this time. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
CEOs and management consultants who interact with CEOs on a regular basis are welcome to submit articles to be considered for our website. These articles should be aimed at the CEO with ideas and solutions CEOs can use to build their business.
Please observe the following:
- Features must be aimed at CEOs and not just a general business audience; all our subject matter is intended to elevate the performance of CEOs specifically. Strategic thinking takes precedence over tactical implementation, which usually happens one or two levels down from the CEO.
- All contributions must rely on empirical evidence, including at least two concrete, specific examples and 1-2 research statistics to anchor one’s arguments in a reality most can understand. This is a fundamental requirement.
- Our audience is primarily (85%) mid-market companies with revenue from $10 million to $1 billion, with the remainder being above $1 billion.
- Our voice is ‘how to’ so the article should contain some type of steps, tips or numbered list.
- All promotional comments, or adjectives such as “the leading” or “the best” will be edited out. The article must try to educate the CEO reader and not serve as a thinly disguised platform for self-aggrandizement for oneself or one’s company. The author’s expertise is advertisement enough.
- Length should be no more than 500 words.
- Include a short author bio sketch free of gratuitous claims. Links to one’s website, books published, white papers, etc. are encouraged. A headshot is welcomed.
A few additional words of advice: Keep your opening paragraphs short and to the point. Make sure they explain why this is important to the CEO and why they need to read your article now. Then jump into how the CEO should use the information you provide. Tip, bullet points and numbered takeaways are all beneficial.
Finally, please be sure to use a wrap-up paragraph at the end. We get a lot of articles with bulleted lists and then the article simply falls off at the end. Please be sure to wrap up your insight in a final paragraph.
There is no deadline. Articles should be handed in when it is convenient for the author. Please know that there is a large file of submissions so it will take at least 4 weeks to read and respond to each submission.
Send all submissions to:
Lynn Russo Whylly, Online Editor
All authors are allowed to post a link to the article on their website, or in their newsletter or social media. PDF reprints can be purchased by contacting [email protected].