- % Growth ’12-’13: 1.1
- % Growth ’11-’12 v. Nat’l Avg. (2.5%): -1.2
- Unemployment Rate Dec. 2013 %: 7.3
- Comparison with Nat’l Rate (6.70%): 0.6
- Domestic Net Migration 2013: -45,035
- Rank: 47
- State Debt per Capita Fiscal Year ’13 ($): 7,659
- State & Local Gov’t Employees per 10k Residents: 593
State-Local Tax Burden
- Rate (%): 12.4%
- Compared to Nat’l Avg. (9.9%): 2.56%
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Honeywell Interational Inc.
- Medco Health Solutions
- Campbell Soup
- Quest Diagnostics
|Development Trend Indicator: Neutral
|Gov. Christie has helped but legislature did end run for higher minimum wage.
|“New Jersey will continue to lose businesses unless they find a way to alleviate the punitive taxes on businesses and personal homes.”
Based on CEO Survey by ChiefExecutive.net
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Tax Foundation