1. Lack of teamwork/collaboration. Lack of team orientation; driven by personal ambitions versus team success; not cultivating network.
2. Insufficient training/development. Failure to unleash talent; lack of commitment to learn; no formal training process; lack of focus from top management.
3. Ego/arrogance/micro-management. Failure to recognize/reward team for success; more interested in themselves than their reports.
4. No clear strategy/vision. Not developing/executing strategy; behaviors that conflict with organizational values; business acumen
5. Lack of leadership qualities. Failure to lead/develop/inspire/engage; Lack of dedication to employees.
6. Inability to change. Lack of innovative thinking; failure to adapt; lack of flexibility.
7. Poor leadership selection. Lack of hires with good leadership skills; poor job alignment.
8. Lack of trust. Lack of trust, integrity, loyalty; betraying trust.
9. Emotional intelligence/self-awareness. Inability to make hard people decisions; lack of effort for self-development.
10. Inability to deliver results. Lack of prioritization, time management, accountability.
Here are 5 great stories about leadership lessons: