Another Triumph for Texas: Best/Worst States for Business 2012
May 2 2012 by JP Donlon
- Allstate, builds $12 million customer center in San Antonio. Reasons: Weather and lifestyle, plus Spanish-language capabilities.
- Caterpillar, building plants in Seguin and Victoria. Reasons: Access to cheaper, non-union labor; proximity to ports for exporting.
- eBay/Pay Pal, hiring more than 1,000 and expanding support facilities in Austin. Reasons: Access to tech talent, $2.8 million from the Texas Enterprise Fund.
- Facebook opens first U.S. operation outside of California, in Austin. Reasons: Access to creative and technical talent.
- GE Transportation, announces $96 million locomotive plant in Fort Worth. Reason: Cheaper, non-union labor
- Grifols USA, California-based subsidiary of Spanish parent, opens blood plasma testing facility San Marcos. Reason: Right skills sets, languages
- PETCO, in San Diego, opened its first customer support center outside of California in San Antonio in 2011. Reason: Access to cheaper space, skilled workers, funding from the Texas Enterprise Fund.