Checklist: Is Blogging Right for You?
If you can answer “Yes” to four or more of the following questions, chances are you will enjoy and succeed [...]
September 29 2011 by John Kador
If you can answer “Yes” to four or more of the following questions, chances are you will enjoy and succeed at blogging.
- Do you enjoy writing and have a knack for it? If it’s a burden to write a staff announcement, blogging is probably not for you. Y/N _____
- Are you a thought leader? Do you write articles, publish op-ed pieces, speak at industry functions and enjoy panel discussions? If not, what exactly will you blog about? ____
- Can you make the time? Are you on airplanes a lot? Can you get up early? Blogging is a habit. It doesn’t require big chunks of time, but it does require small amounts of time frequently. ____
- Do you have interests outside work? The more varied your interests, the broader the scope of your blog. ____
- Do you tend to be transparent in your dealings? A blog requires a high degree of transparency. If you like to hold things close to the vest, a blog will be a stretch. ____
- Will the company back you? If compliance or legal hold their breath every time you blog, maybe it’s not worth it. ____