Previous State:North Carolina Next State: Indiana
No. 05 South Carolina
Taxations & Regulations
- % Growth ’11-’12: 2.7/strong>
- % Growth ’11-’12 v. Nat’l Avg. (2.5%): 0.2
- Unemployment Rate Dec. 2013 %: 6.6
- Comparison with Nat’l Rate (6.70%): -0.1
- Domestic Net Migration 2013: 29,324
- Rank: 5
- State Debt per Capita Fiscal Year ’13 ($): 3,271
- State & Local Gov’t Employees per 10k Residents: 577.2
State-Local Tax Burden
- Rate (%): 8.4%
- Compared to Nat’l Avg. (9.9%): -1.49%
- ExxonMobil Corp.
- AT&T Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- AMR Corp.
- Southwest Airlines
|Development Trend Indicator: Neutral
|Manages to boost highway-infrastructure spending without penalizing business.
|“Glad to become part of the great “TEXodus” and moved from CA to TX — been really terrific for us…”
“Texas still stands head and shoulders above others in their business climate, employee work ethics and living environment.”
Based on CEO Survey by ChiefExecutive.net
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Bureau of Labor Statistics
The Tax Foundation