“Marketplace lending” describes a set of market-making services that match individual borrowers to lenders through an online platform that underwrites the loan and facilitates the transaction without the involvement of traditional banks or credit card companies.
If you’re not speaking for yourself, others will speak for you.
Supply chain management is no longer just about reducing costs.
“Apple employs 700,000 factory workers in China because we can’t find the 30,000 engineers in the U.S. that we need on site at our plants,” Apple CEO Steve Jobs told President Obama. “If you could educate those engineers, we could move more manufacturing jobs here.” Jobs made the point that American competitiveness was being hollowed out by immigration policies that educate a growing number of foreign engineers at the best U.S. universities then immediately send them home.
In the fifth of a six-part series on boosting personal effectiveness, Chief Executive explores the realm of CEO blogging. Blogging can be an informal communication channel and encourage positive employee engagement. Is blogging right for you?
If you can answer “Yes” to four or more of the following questions, chances are you will enjoy and succeed at blogging.
- Do you enjoy writing and have a knack for it? If it’s a burden to write a staff announcement, blogging is probably not for you. Y/N _____
- Are you a thought leader? Do you write articles, publish op-ed pieces, speak at industry functions and enjoy panel discussions? If not, what exactly will you blog about? ____
- Can you make the time? Are you on airplanes a lot? Can you get up early? Blogging is a habit. It doesn’t require big chunks of time, but it does require small amounts of time frequently. ____
- Do you have interests outside work? The more varied your interests, the broader the scope of your blog. ____
- Do you tend to be transparent in your dealings? A blog requires a high degree of transparency. If you like to hold things close to the vest, a blog will be a stretch. ____
- Will the company back you? If compliance or legal hold their breath every time you blog, maybe it’s not worth it. ____